Bring on blogger nation! I can’t tell you how honored I am to be writing for The Over-Analyst and much like my co-contributor, Andrea Kern, I also have been a big fan of this blog and Jenna’s since I started reading it about three months ago.
I think it was no coincidence that while trying to figure out the perfect opening line for my inaugural post the song “Man Eater” – By Hall & Oates came on my Pandora. Not only does Pandora fuel my creative, left brain but there is nothing like a little 80’s music to keep me perfectly happy – especially when I am blogging about food! (Man Eater! Ha!)
It’s easy to just type out a recipe but I wouldn’t want to share all my best kept kitchen secrets right away now would I? I want to keep you coming back for a second helping and that would be a poor game of housewife poker if you ask me. But, alas I’m not married but a 24 year-old PR Pro living in Dallas, Texas – where the weather is beautiful, the fashion ain’t bad and the boys hold doors open for you – Gasp!
Breaking out of my cosmopolitan bubble and exploring new restaurants and places each weekend is one of my favorite things to do, but it’s easy to stick to a metro-plex and dining in a city that has perfected the art of quesadilla’s and the strong tequila margaritas. So I decided it was time to create my Foodie Leap List: Ten things I want to eat, drink, and do with my dining experience before my next big milestone.
1. Dine at all of Wolfgang Puck’s Fine Dining Restaurants in the U.S. (I’ve been to 5/15)
2. Be able to make a full 3 course meal – from scratch, without having to look at a single ingredient, measurement or recipe directions.
4. Go camping and catch a fish and roast it over a fire - all by myself!
5. Make it back to Blue - One of my favorite restaurants outside of the U.S in the Cayman Islands.
6. Eat something from the city of Chicago that doesn't include airport food!
7. Visit the Pike Place Market in Seattle - A city I haven't been to and really want to explore!
8. Finally have a birthday dinner at Bagatelle - One of my favorite French Bistro's in the Meatpacking District in New York City.
9. Find that one signature dish that sets apart from all other cook's "my go to crowd pleaser" when I want to wow close friends and family - still searching...
10. Learn how to make a mean margarita with a twist - Like Dallas Komali Restaurant's - Tamarind Margarita.
So instead of just checking items off your dining mental check list – atmosphere, drinks, waiters and ingredients make a foodie leap list. What are the top ten things you want eat, drink and do before your next big milestone – think big and aim high because that’s where the fun is!
Can’t wait to share more lifestyle moments with you on The Over-Analyst. This is going to be a great ride!